New Year, New You: Ulia’s Quinoa Almond Salad
Ulia Kordiukova, Saggezza UX Designer, kicks up flavor in this hearty quinoa salad of crunchy carrots, toasted almonds, and apple cider vinaigrette. She makes this simple vegan salad in under 30 minutes to enjoy over the course of a week or even for small gatherings. This recipe serves enough for six people and can be doubled.
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 ½ cups water, pinch salt
- 3 cups carrots, grated or matchstick
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 3 scallions, sliced at a diagonal
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- ½ cup chopped almonds, toasted
- ½ teaspoon cayenne or chili flakes
- ½ cup of chickpeas (optional)
- 1 cup of celery (optional)
- salt, apple cider vinegar and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup raw apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 ½ –2 tablespoons raw honey or maple syrup
- ¼–½ teaspoon salt
- ¼–½ teaspoon pepper
- Place 1 cup quinoa in a medium pot with 1 ½ cups water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil and cover.
- Simmer on low heat for roughly 12 minutes or until the water is gone. Turn heat off, let stand 5 minutes, then let cool uncovered.
- While the quinoa is cooking, make the vinaigrette. Place all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk. Or in a small jar, seal with a lid and shake.
- Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl. Toss with the vinaigrette and the cooked quinoa. Sprinkle in the cayenne. Add more salt, pepper and vinegar to taste.
- Toss well and serve or refrigerate for 30 minutes until serving.
Saggezza is a proven technology and consulting partner that delivers personalized, high-value solutions to accelerate business growth.