New Year, New You: Sri Megha’s Pepper Chicken Curry
- 500 Grams or 2 Cups of Chicken, chopped in cubes
- Vegetarian Substitute: Tofu or Paneer
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons (Tbsp.) Garlic Paste or Garlic, crushed
- 2 Teaspoons (Tsp.) Ginger Paste or Ginger, crushed
- 3 Green Chilies, chopped OR 2 Serrano Peppers
- 2 Tsp. Salt
- 3 Tbsp Lemon Juice (2 to Marinate, 1 to Garnish)
- 1 Medium Cinnamon Stick
- 4 Cloves
- 2 Sprigs Curry Leaves or 25 Leaves Total
- ½ Cup Coriander (Dhania) Powder (3/4 of it while cooking and the last ¼ to garnish)
- 1/2 Tsp. Turmeric (Haldi) Powder
- Cooking Oil
- ¼ Cup of Water
- 2 ½ Tbsp. Crushed Black Peppercorns or 1 ½ Tbsp. Black Pepper Powder
- To begin, start by marinating the chicken or tofu pieces with turmeric powder, ginger, garlic, salt and lemon juice. Mix and keep refrigerated for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep pan. Once the oil is hot, temper the oil with cinnamon stick, cloves and 3/4 of curry leaves. Sauté it for about 30 seconds.
- After 30 seconds, add the chopped onions and sauté till they turn golden and start to caramelize. Once the onions are starting to brown, add chopped green chilies and the marinated chicken or tofu. Sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Add coriander powder and crushed pepper, mix well and cook on low flame until the curry comes together. Occasionally keep stirring and sprinkle water as and when required. This will take about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add about 1/4 cup water, once water starts boiling, reduce the heat and cover. Cook until the chicken is tender and cooked. Once the chicken is soft cooked, open the lid and stir on medium heat till the moisture evaporates.
- Sprinkle chopped 3/4 cup of coriander and cook for 2 minutes.
- Before serving, garnish with 1 teaspoon crushed pepper, 1 teaspoon lemon juice and remaining coriander leaves.
Saggezza is a proven technology and consulting partner that delivers personalized, high-value solutions to accelerate business growth.